Active Aging Certificate
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively provide physical activity in many settings to this unique population.
The launch of our Active Aging Certificate program (AAC) is in response to the statistics highlighting that the over 50’s are making up the fastest-growing age group in Canada. With this trend expected to continue for the next several decades, we realize that response to exercise is not age-dependent, it’s mind-dependent. This means that at any age or fitness level someone can respond positively to exercise and nutrition and gain benefits. Our new Active Aging Certification Certificate will cover a wide variety of topics related to aging and the very broad spectrum of clients/class participants.REGISTER NOW!
- Definition and Physiology of Aging
Janice Hutton/Nicky Coyne
- Eating Essentials for Vibrant, Active Aging
- Managing Age related Changes/Conditions with Exercise
- Is Low Back Pain Inevitable?
- Active Aging Tips & Tricks – Rapport & Coaching
Lawrence Biscontini & Bernadette O’Brien
- Screening with the PARQ+
- Top Exercises for Older Adults
- Understanding the Market
Reasons you should register today:
- Learn how to work with this diverse group
- Provide appropriate modifications for your clients/participants
- Incorporate Neuroplasticity into your client’s/participant’s workouts
- Identify a pyramid of training priorities to assist fitness professionals in program design
- Gain knowledge of the new PAR-Q+ and the ePARmed-X+ pre-participation self-screening and risk stratification strategy
- Receive education on aging and dietary approaches, common nutrient deficiencies, digestion challenges and alkalinity and inflammation
4 FIS 4 PTS CECs upon completion.
This is an online program.