Become a Presenter
Presenter Application Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a presenter with canfitpro. We understand how much time and effort is put into each application and we’re very thankful for your time and patience through this process. Below are all of the details outlining the process in becoming a presenter, including tips to help you along the way. We strongly recommend you read through everything before filling out the application to fully understand what we are looking for.
You may send in an application at any time of the year, however each event has a specific deadline date no less than 6 months in advance of the event. Due to the time required to plan our events, your application may not be considered if it does not arrive on time.
Presentation spaces are very limited, and we try to comprise our presenter team of a variety of established presenters, brand new faces and experts from other industries (i.e. business, self development, etc). Successful applicants are notified approximately four (4) months prior to the event date and approximately six (6) months prior to world fitness expo.
Our primary goal at canfitpro is to offer a broad scope of topics related to the fitness industry, whether they are brand new concepts or trusty techniques. We must offer sessions that will appeal to the greatest number of people in order to fully utilize our event time and space. There are a certain number of spaces available for each particular topic/category (i.e. mind-body, group fitness, specialty programs, educational concepts, business/management, nutrition, personal training, etc.). Successful presenters are those who can offer something unique – add a variation and you’ll stand out from the crowd.
We recommend that you do not use vague statements like “I can present on anything!” or “please look at my website to see what I can do!”.
Once topics are selected, each practical presentation application is reviewed for its safety, effectiveness, and efficiency. Primary emphasis is placed on the most educational, useful and innovative concepts. The event experience team has very strict quality guidelines for applications of all types. For example, the presenter must have strong public speaking abilities, excellent delivery methods, appropriate educational background, thorough knowledge of his/her topic, and adherence to current industry guidelines. The presentation must be useful in nature, have mass-appeal, provide logical content, adhere to industry guidelines, and be innovative and as unique as possible.
The video submission is mandatory as it is the best way to show us your skills as a presenter. Make sure you put your best foot forward and show us what you’ve got! Here are some suggestions for preparing the video:
- It does not need to be a professional video, a single angle camera on a tripod is sufficient, as long as you are in the shot for most of the video.
- Recording yourself in a regular class setting or in a presentation is appropriate. Please send a video of yourself teaching to the relevant audience (i.e. please demonstrate your skills teaching to fitness professionals rather than the general public if at all possible).
- Always ask your participants for their permission to record the class or presentation, and explain what the video will be used for.
- Please send an electronic file/link (wetransfer, google drive, youtube, etc.) You may send a CD/DVD, but please note that these will not be returned.
- It is recommended that your video be a minimum of 15 minutes in length.
Even if you are recording yourself in a regular class setting, show us your presentation skills. Think about what sets apart the presenters you see at conferences (personality, enthusiasm, motivation, connection with the audience) and put those qualities into your video submission. We often get videos of great instructors or trainers, but don’t always see the “extras” that elevate someone into a fantastic presenter.
Final Determining Factors
Final decisions are based on what is needed for a particular event as a whole and what is desired by the participants who have attended in years’ past. The mission behind our programming is to provide both the professional and the consumer with the most useful, educational, and innovative information available each year.
The competition to present at an event is steep, so do your best to adhere to the guidelines outlined on this page. We are far less likely to choose applications that:
- Are presented to us as a “certification” course – we do not accept “certification” courses or workshops at the conference except for those that fit into our sponsorship model.
- Require more than 2 hours or less than 1 hour – most session timeslots are 75 or 90 minutes in length.
- Need more than a few pieces of equipment – the more accommodating you are with your equipment needs, the more likely that your session will be selected.
- Do not include equipment requests – we must know what you are requesting in order to determine if we can accommodate.
Our regional events are held in various cities across Canada. Because there are usually less than 20 presenters involved in each of these events, we choose presenters that have already successfully presented at our other events or those who are successful as local presenters in the host city. A separate application is not required for these events.
A Note to Previous canfitpro Presenters and Applicants
We keep applications on file from the previous year, so if you would like us to “reactivate” your file for the following year, please drop us a line. Remember that we are looking for “new” topics, so a brand new application is always best.
Submitting your Application
- Submit the application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify the title for each presentation.
- Identify each presentation as a lecture (theory only), workshop (some theory, some practical), or workout (masterclass, practical only). If you wish to do a hybrid presentation, please indicate this in your e-mail.
- Provide a 50 – 100 word description for each presentation.
- Identify any equipment/props used or needed in each presentation (i.e. studio equipment like steps, stability balls, handweights; audio/visual needs, etc.) per person or group (i.e. 1 ball : 2 people).
- Provide a video (electronic preferably) of you in action. You only need to submit one video per application, not per topic (this is a MUST for all new applicants). Please see “Video Details” above for more information.
- Provide a 50 – 100 word biography.
- Provide your full name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address.
We do accept applications to co-present a topic, but we must receive the above points for each presenter applying.
Sending your Application
To submit an application, fill in the form with as much detail as possible. If you are not able to submit the application via e-mail, please contact canfitpro at 1-800-667-5622 or at email@example.com. All the materials requested above must be sent in order for your application to be processed. If you are submitting separate documents, please ensure that each file is saved clearly indicating your name.
Videos may be submitted electronically or mailed to:
canfitpro Presenter Applications
110-225 Select Ave.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
Click Here to download the Presenter Application Form.
Click here to download the Academy Presenter Application Form.
Make sure to save the PDF to your computer before you begin filling it out or it will not save your information.
Please DO NOT fill out this form using the Preview program on your Mac computer, please save the form to your computer and fill in using Adobe.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. We need to have a complete file to adequately assess your application.