How to Cure a Hangover with an Avocado – yes you read that right!
Avocados are loaded with potassium, containing even more potassium than a banana (almost double.) When you drink alcohol, it increases urination which causes dehydration, depleting important minerals like potassium. Eating foods high in potassium (like avocados) will help to recover from your long weekend. The combination of lime zest, sea salt and the creaminess of the avocado pureed with chickpeas and beets will make this your go to recipe post long weekend.
Lime and Sea Salt Avocado~ Beet Hummus Recipe:
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3 tbsp. each of olive oil, fresh lime juice and tahini
- ½ teaspoon of lime zest (just take a lime and grate the peel on a cheese grater)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushe
- ½ teaspoon each of sea salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small pickled beet
Pulse chickpeas, avocados, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, beet and all spices in a food processor until smooth. Peel an avocado and cut in half, remove the pit and fill the cavity with hummus and sprinkle black sesame seeds and line the outside edge of avocado with alfalfa sprouts and pink sea salt
Original recipe by Holistic Nutritionist and Holistic Chef, Kathy Smart founder of Live The Smart Way.
Kathy will also be presenting at canfitpro world fitness expo Aug. 16-20, 2017. Check out Kathy’s sessions here.