Gluten-free. Wheat-free. Dairy-free. Sugar-free.
½ cup almond flour (homemade or store bought)
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 cup almond milk (homemade or store bought)
1 whole egg
3 tbsp. hemp oil (or canola oil)
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or raw agave nectar)
½ cup blueberries (or other berries/fruit)
|Preparing homemade almond flour|
1. Place ½ cup almonds (blanched or unblanched) in a bullet-style blender or food processor.
2. Pulse almonds until they form a medium-fine (or sand-like) meal. Be sure not to over-process or you will end up with almond butter.
3. Pour the ground almond meal into a clean flour sifter. Sift the meal, replacing large almond pieces in the blender/processor. Process again. Sift the remaining almond meal through the flour sifter.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add almond milk, egg, and hemp oil, mixing until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- On medium heat, melt a little coconut oil (1 teaspoon) in a skillet and drop in approximately ½ cup of pancake batter. Lower heat. Cook until top appears to firm up. This may take more time than a regular pancake. Slightly lift the pancake to see if the bottom has browned. When the bottom appears a golden brown colour, flip the pancake to cook the other side. Cook until the underside has browned.
- Place the pancakes in an oven-safe dish on low temperature to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Top with berries and syrup, and serve.
Makes 6-8 pancakes